|The global economic upheaval has induced a massive change in not only the way business is done but also on the working climate of organizations. These dynamic times with enormous uncertainties and challenges like the one mentioned below, call for superior way of working and results-oriented paradigm more than ever before.
- Growing need for downsizing
- Poor quality and less commitment with outsourcing
- Too many initiatives to handle
- Emotional Outbursts
- Tardiness or absences
- Erratic behaviour
- Falling below standards
- Missing Deadlines
Need for the Organizations
To thrive in this era, it is really quintessential for an organization to align their learning and development practices not just on profit, productivity and customer satisfaction but striving for customer delight and on being humanitarian and developmental. They need to align their strategies and plan of actions to be a compelling place to work to attract and retain high quality human capital. The ever-evolving competitive market place demands for focus on the following aspects:
Learning organizations learn faster than their competitors, thereby creating a competitive advantage that is expanded globally. As our global community becomes more and more complex, there is a need for organizations to recognize the need for on-going change, to become more adaptable and flexible, and to respond quickly to the changes that occur around them. In a learning organization, the entrepreneurial spirit gets unleashed, growth and learning is created for everyone, resulting in a greater good for all.
- Getting a competitive edge with clarity of vision and focus
- Align their strategies and plan of action to surpass the level of performance and productivity of a global workforce
- Accelerating the development of new leaders
- To build a team-centered culture instead of a boss-centered culture
- Establish and maintain not just performance oriented culture but also work towards organizational climate characterized by trust, openness and shared power
- To focus on learning how to unleash the talent of employees instead of controlling employees
- To empower people in customer facing roles so that they can add value to the customer experience
- Bosses to act as as servant leaders, helping their teams by removing obstacles, realigning structures and systems, or bringing in additional resources to ensure success.
- Execute change effectively, across complex and widely spread systems.
- Fostering work-life balance by personal development of employees
Need for the individuals
The people who embrace change will influence and control the world around them. In order to adapt to accelerating pace of change and to ascend the ladder of success at a fast pace, the individuals must continually redefine and expand their competencies focusing on the following:
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Set and achieve high standards of performance in his or her chosen field.
- Building win-win relationships
- Fostering a healthy work-life balance balancing key priorities
- Leveraging collaboration